Sunday, 1 January 2017

My Top 10 Products Of 2016...


"And Suddenly You Know... It's Time To Start Something New & Trust The Magic Of Beginnings..."

As much as I wanted to get this post up in 2016, natural daylight was not on my side for photographing these products! Here we are in 2017, a year on from my first blog post and funnily enough it features a product that I first wrote about in that post. I decided to pick 10 products that I have been using constantly and would recommend to most of my friends and family. Not all of these products were necessarily released in 2016 but I definitely made the most out of them!
If you would like to find out what they are and if we share any 'favourites' then please keep scrolling...

1. Bed Head 'Big Head' Volume Boosting Foam

I've never found a product before that gave my hair volume without leaving sticky and knotty. This foam however has done wonders for my hair! I cut a lot of inches off my hair in 2016 and I kinda missed having big, lioness hair so I wanted something that would give my hair volume and not fall flat once styled. I put this foam in damp hair and blow dry with my Tangle Teezer and it adds so much height without being frizzy. I use it every time I blow dry my hair and i've still got lots left to take me into the New Year!

2. Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish' 

Liz Earle has to be my most favourite skin care brands and if you have read my blog before you will know that I have mentioned her products many times. I've used two different 'Cleanse and Polish' scents this year, this one which is the original and 'Rose & Lavender' which I used before bed to remove the day. I've never had any problems with this cleanser and it has no issue removing glitter, stubborn mascara and even liquid lipsticks without leaving my skin red and irritated. If you are yet to try any products from Liz Earle then make 2017 your year to treat yourself!

3. O.P.I Nail Varnish

I have many bottles of nail varnish stacked and stored away but this year I have found myself reaching for my OPI stash a lot more. The colours are perfectly opaque, I only ever need to use 2 coats and they take a good few days to chip on me. As I used to have a nail art account on Instagram I  have read lots of different reviews about OPI and lots of other brands and I think what I have found is that every brand of varnish works differently on each person. In my opinion, it's not going to last weeks so just make sure you use a good base and top coat, pick a beautiful colour that you love and you can't go wrong! As OPI can be a little pricey (I never pay full price!) I have linked fragrance direct where you can get them for just £3.50. If you are unsure of the shade, type the name into google and look at the swatches before you decide. Happy shopping!

4. O.P.I Matte Nail Envy 

This is my all time, not just 2016, favourite ever base coat. My nails grow so incredibly quickly with this and it prevents them from staining if I happen to use a colour prone to staining. It might just be my nails but, they don't ever peel at the ends when I use this and they are quite strong too. As it is O.P.I, this base coat is quite expensive and when I recommend it to people I think they'd rather go without! However, I have linked it to Amazon where you can get it for around £12 and sometimes you can get it in a set where it includes their Avoplex oil which is also very good. My Mum and I recently picked up a bottle each in a beauty outlet for just £7 so, keep your eyes peeled!

5. Zoella 'Double Cream' 

I had never tried any of Zoe's products before from any of her ranges and I think what sold me about this body cream was the packaging! It's so pretty and unlike anything else out there plus, it looks good on display in my dressing room! Unfortunately this tube is almost empty which is kind of one of the reasons it's in this post. It smells incredible! Very sweet but, nice and sweet not sickly sweet. I can smell it on my skin throughout the day and even though it's quite a thick cream it does rub in well and for me it doesn't leave my skin sticky or greasy. With ingredients such as almond oil and honey you know it's going to be good. It's currently on offer for £3.50 on Feel Unique.

6. Dior 'Forever' Foundation

When I bought this I was shocked with myself that I spent this much on foundation but, I wanted to treat myself at a blogging event I was at and I am so happy I did. I have been using this on and off throughout the year and if I am having a 'bad' skin day this will 100% be the foundation I reach for. It's a nice matte effect with good coverage, I barely have to use concealer with it and it sits beautifully on the skin throughout the day. I got a couple of vouchers for Christmas so I think I may put them together to buy a new bottle of this. Even though I haven't used it every day, i've used it a lot and it's lasted well! 
Do you have any recommendations for a foundation?

7. Collection 'Lasting Perfection Concealer'

Thanks to Tanya Burr and Zoe using this concealer in many of their tutorials I decided to grab it and I have not bought another brand since! It is thicker than other concealers i've used before so it took me a while to get used to it but I now blend it in with a brush, dab and blend with my Real Techniques sponge before setting with powder. I love using it under the eyes and around my chin as that's where I find my skin needs most coverage. It's only around £4 so it's worth giving it a go!

8. Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Brow Wiz' Dark Brown

This has saved my brows this year! I'm really not fond of my brows, they are very uneven and short etc but theres not too much I can do about them! However, using this Brow Wiz from ABH has really helped me to create more even and fuller brows. I've used it every day and i'd say it's lasted me about 6 months. Its fine nib helps create hair like strokes and it's just a very speedy way of getting nice brows. If I was going out I would also use my ABH pomade in dark brown to create more of a fuller, thicker brow but if you're looking for something to use every day then this Brow Wiz is perfect. One great thing about this product is that it is available in so many shades, so many drugstore brands only ever do like 3 brow shades so I think Anastasia has really helped us out here!

9. Coconut Oil

Probably one of the most talked about products for so many categories in 2016. Food, cooking, skin, drinking but for me it was oil pulling! Yes, I have been using coconut oil to whiten my teeth. I saw this a few months ago on Pinterest and didn't think much of it until I gave it a go one evening. I never thought i'd be able to swill this rank oil in my mouth for 20 minutes every day but I did soon get used to it and I am glad I did because I started seeing results quite quickly! It definitely helps remove stains and I think for me I could see that my teeth were a lot brighter. Im going to take some before and after photos as I have been a bit lazy with it over Christmas and I would like to see the difference it makes. If you are looking for a gentle way to whiten your teeth as well as seeing some of the other benefits it comes with then give oil pulling a go.

10. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams 

If you follow me on Instagram then you will know it is no surprise these lip creams feature in this list.  Unlike a lot of matte lipsticks these are easy to wear and easy to remove. They smell like donuts and sweets and are only £5.50. If you don't like the feel of liquid lipsticks but want to try something that isn't like your ordinary matte lipstick then I would definitely recommend these creams. NYX have a huge range of colours and I am going to expand my little collection and try out some different shades this year. I've heard 'Cannes' is a great one to try?
Have you tried these, whats's your favourite? 
'Monte Carlo' 'Morocco' 'Prague'
'Milan' 'Antwerp' 'Istanbul'

If you could recommend some of your favourite products for me to try in 2017 what would they be?

Thank-you for all of the love you have shown my blog this past year, I hope to get bigger and better with my writing, post ideas and photography this year so here's to progression and positivity!
Much love as always, 
Jade x 


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have Cannes in this NYX Lip creme and it's gorgeous, these are my favourite lip products of all time so so glad you've featured them

    Mel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love them so much! Think that's my next purchase! X

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a base coat for ages, I use Seche Vite top coat but often skip a base. Will definitely check out that OPI one!!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely give it a go, makes my nails so strong! X

      Delete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig