Sunday, 11 December 2016

Colourpop Cosmetics Review...


"The Best Way To Cheer Yourself Up Is To Try To Cheer Somebody Else Up..." 

I have wanted to order from Colourpop for ages. Their make up is so cheap and a number of bloggers and youtubers have used them in posts and videos I definitely wanted to try out a range of their products.
Here I will be telling you about their eyeshadows, Lippie Stix, Ultra Satin Lips and their Ultra Matte Liquid lipsticks so if you want to know a little more about them then please keep on scrolling...

I took advantage of the free international shipping they were offering during Black Friday but I did have to pay a customs charge of £13 which was a bit pricey but in total I ordered 7 products and considering I didn't have to pay an original shipping fee I didn't mind too much. In total I ordered 7 products but I will only be reviewing 6 of them as 1 is a Christmas gift! 
The 7 products came to $38 (Approx £30) in total.

Eyeshadows

$5 each 
These eyeshadows are so buttery and creamy. I've heard multiple times to apply these with your finger which is what I did. All 3 of these are shimmer shadows as i've got quite a lot of matte eyeshadows already. 'Sequin' is my favourite out of the 3, it's a lot darker than the image on their website but it's such a beautiful red and it has flex of silver glitter in it too which I think makes it quite unique. 
'Tea Party' is a peachy/orange shade which I've used in the centre of the lid to blend the 3 colours together to create a gradient effect. It's not as pigmented as i'd like, in all honesty I think I was expecting more of a pale pink shade with this one. 
Finally, I ordered 'Girly'. This shade is great for inner corner eye highlight as it has the perfect amount of pigment. It's not too glittery but it does have flashes of light pink and gold which makes it blend with the other 2 shades perfectly. This is even good for highlighting the brow bone.
Overall, for $5 I would definitely order more eyeshadows from Colourpop. They are an unusual consistency and I can't really compare them to any other eyeshadows i've tried before but I think thats why I love them! 
Maybe next time I will add a few matte shades to my cart...

Lippie Stix

$5
I had to order this colour! I have seen so many people wearing it plus, it was created by one of my favourite Youtubers 'KathleenLights'. For me it's the perfect weekend day colour and by that I mean, it's a bit too much for work in the week (personally) but I can put it with many make up looks I wear on the weekend and it'll bring the whole look together. It doesn't make your teeth look stained yet it's a good dusty pink/mauve/nude shade that most people could wear. I did find it slightly difficult to apply as the shape of it didn't really suit the shape of my lips but I think it's something I could get used to. The formula is perfect for someone like me who has quite dry lips. It's not completely matte and definitely not transfer proof but it's very moisturising and easy to wear. 
I wish i'd ordered a couple more of these Lippie Stix, next time i've got to get my hands on 'Poppin'  'Oh Snap' and 'I Heart This Lippie'.

Ultra Matte Lip

$6
This shade is a lot darker than I thought it was going to be and it gets darker the longer you wear it as well. I am quite glad that I went for this rich plum colour though as it gave me a chance to see myself wearing something other than pink..! It applied really well and the formula is definitely very thin, comparable to Kylie's liquid lipsticks. However, unlike Kylie Cosmetics this has no scent to it which I thought was quite unusual. Although it dries matte it does transfer but I don't mind this in a liquid lipstick as it normally means they are more nourishing. I don't get any cracking lines once it's been on for hours and it definitely lasts well. It's a bit of a pain to get off but a little scrubbing with coconut oil and you are good to go.
Next time I will definitely be picking up 'Clueless', yes I know another pink!

Ultra Satin Lip

$6
This is definitely a shade that requires you to have bright pearly whites and for me, I only like wearing it if i've fake tanned. It's similar to 'Koko K' from Kylie Cosmetics which when I ordered it I definitely though would have more pink in it too. However, the majority of the time with pink shades I tend to line my lips with a lip pencil which definitely helps to give more colour and create more of the dusty pink shade I am searching for. It's very easy to apply and doesn't have a strong scent, if any just like 'Are N Be'. It does transfer slightly but because it's such a light shade you can hardly tell. The formula I think is very similar to the Ultra Matte Lip but it's slightly more tackier when you're wearing it.
I'd love to purchase 'Lyin' King' next time, the perfect raspberry red shade to wear all year round.

So there it is my Colourpop Cosmetics haul review. I will say before I ordered the products I did google swatches of them as they didn't always have a swatch photo on their website. The eyeshadows definitely look slightly different to what I was expecting so I would recommend if you are after a particular colour to have a look for swatches on Youtube, blog posts or Instagram etc...
I do however love everything I have ordered and would 100% order from them again but I think I will have to wait until they have another free international shipping day as that definitely lowers the total cost. Sorry if the review has seemed quite long but I wanted you to fully get a feel of what the products were like, especially if you are like me and are ordering from the UK. 
I want you to spend your pennies wisely!

I really hope that this post has been helpful and that you have enjoyed it!
Much love as always, 

Jade  x


Quote- Mark Twain








SHARE:

5 comments

  1. You got some beautiful shades! Tea Party is such a lush shade, wish I had seen that before I just made my order! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your comment Tamzin! Only just seen it now, I know it's so pretty! Love the formula x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try out colorpop but the custom charges keep putting me off as there's so much I want to buy haha

    Chloe x

    http://shimmerlashes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I could have ordered so much more! X

      Delete
  3. The arrangement of your pictures are so nice. The lippie shade is definitely a bit of me - love it!


    Faye|fayusdunkus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig