Monday, 5 September 2016

Beauty Bay Haul...

"Add a little confetti to each day..."

A couple of weeks ago just after my 25th Birthday I decided to treat myself with some birthday money to some make up goodies from BeautyBay.com. Most of the items I bought were off my wish list and were products I kept seeing again and again on Instagram and in blog posts so I am pretty pleased with what I purchased overall! Beauty Bay delivered my order within a few days and they stocked the majority of shades I wanted so I was really pleased with the website.
As always I really like to test the products out first before I write my post so if you would like to know what I bought and what I thought about them then please keep reading...

I have been wanting this Brow Wiz for so long, I actually have no idea why I didn't purchase it sooner!? I already use the Dip Brow Pomade from ABH and wanted something that was a tad quicker in the mornings and I have definitely found it with this product. I am super impressed with how easy it is to use, although I like to make my brows look thicker I hate the look of drawing on the skin so I was worried what it would look like but I am really happy with it. You've probably already got one or read tonnes of reviews about it so I won't go on but it has a brow brush (spooley) at one end and then an ultra fine pencil at the other. I like to switch between the 2 as I am filling in my brows to keep them looking as natural as possible. The only negative and I don't really know if it is a negative or not is how quickly I am using the product. I feel like I have to wind it up every day unlike the pomade (Which is cheaper) that I haven't even dented and I've used it every day for like a year?
Score- 9/10


If i'm honest I added this liner into my basket to make the total up to receive a free gift! I have used it though but I haven't been too impressed. It's a very pretty colour and goes with a lot of my make up looks but it just doesn't last very well. My hay fever is still playing up so my eyes are quite watery and this just wipes off. On a positive note it does glide on extremely smoothly and only cost me £4 so...
Score- 5/10

I have wanted one of these liquid lipsticks from Gerard Cosmetics for so long! The colour range is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get more. I have seen this colour swatched many times on Instagram and I thought it would be a little lighter but I still really like it. The lipstick is very thin and smells incredible, i'm sure it's toffee or caramel scented! It lasts throughout the day and doesn't wear off on the inner part of your lip. This may be a good or bad point for you depending on how long-lasting you like your liquid lipsticks but when removing this I only had to use a face wipe and it came off quite easily. I will be buying more of the shades and at only £9.50 it's almost drug store prices!
Score 9/10

This is also another product which has been on my wish list since it's release and I was very excited to put it in my shopping cart! You can use this spray before and/or after you have applied your make up so that your skin stays flawless and matte all day. Now, this definitely sets my make up well and I enjoy using it both before and after but, this stuff stings! I do have slightly sensitive skin on my face but I haven't used a product in years that has effected my skin like this. It hasn't given me a rash or any spots but when I spray this on my face I can't open my eyes for a good 20 seconds and it smells really strong. Of course I like the smell of lavender otherwise I wouldn't have picked this one but it's not a natural smell, it's like almost a fake smell of lavender which leaves me a little disappointed. I will still keep using it as like I said, it sets my make up well but maybe once i've finished it I will use a different scent. Any recommendations?
Score 6/10

This palette is definitely the bargain of this haul! I cannot believe I have found a perfect day-to-day, smokey eye, glam palette under £12. I have used this palette every single day for the past 3 weeks without fail. I have been to a wedding, taken Instagram selfies, gone shopping, been out for dinner and it has worked for every event. This palette includes 12 matte and shimmer shades and they all blend so well as you'd expect from Morphe. They are extremely pigmented, especially that bottom right colour. I was after an every day neutral eyeshadow palette and was previously looking at a lot more pricier products but I am so glad I waited and found this gem! I could not recommend this any more and that is why...
Score 10/10

I am sorry guys but I hugely regret buying this! I was of course after the famous 'Luminoso' but it wasn't in stock so I decided to go for this gorgeous pink shade as I have heard so many good things about Milani blushes. Perhaps I look for something different in my blushes but this is sooooo glittery (yes, I needed those extra o's!) It doesn't really have much colour pay off either, it's just dusty glitter and it will cover my entire face no matter what brush I use. I can kind of get away with using it as a highlighter but not really with any make up looks I will be wearing in the next few months, it would be for more of a bronzey look. Please let me know if this is how this shade is or if yours is completely different and I have a faulty product! It just doesn't seem right that so many people love these blushes? The only good thing I can say is that I was impressed with the packaging, it's very pretty and it even includes a little brush.
Unfortunately...
Score 3/10


Finally...

Tangle Angel 'Baby Angel' Free!
This was my free product because I spent over £60. I did get to choose from a range of products but because I had already bought a lot of make up and I own a lot of skin care already I wanted to try something I wouldn't normally buy for myself. Even though my hair is now shoulder length I still have a lot of it and it's very thick but this little baby has no issue getting rid of the knots. It's perfect for putting in my gym and handbag and also doubles up as a back combing brush. Perfect! The only thing is because it is so diddy, it does take a while to brush through my mane!
Score 8/10

Overall I spent just over £60 on all of these products and I am really pleased with what I bought...just maybe not the blush! Since I bought these products a few weeks ago Beauty Bay has sold out of a few of them so I may linked the product instead of the specific colour. Be sure to keep an eye out on the website as they are always updating it with new products and brands.

I hope that you have liked this post and maybe I have answered a few questions for you.
Much love as always, 

Jade x 






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really need to get myself a Morphe palette - I hear more and more amazing things about their colours. I always thought they were a lot more expensive than this, though?!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I have a couple of them, they are so good & ridiculously pigmented! The bigger palettes are about £22 I think? But I think there are over 30 shadows in them so it's still really good! X

    ReplyDelete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig