Sunday, 10 July 2016

Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Review...


This is one of the most Instagrammed and reviewed fake tans, if you haven't heard enough of it and want to find out a little bit more then please keep reading...

As much as I loved this tan straight away I wanted to use it a couple of times before I wrote a review about it. I originally featured it back in my "May Favourites..." post where I said I had seen it feature in one of Lydia Elise Millen's Youtube videos. Now that I have used it multiple times I feel I am ready to give a better review about it.

Price...

I bought my bottle in Boots for £14.99. Although I have used many fake tans in my time, this is the most expensive one I have bought. However, the 150ml bottle is still going strong and I reckon I have applied it to my full body and face 6+ times so, for £14.99 it is definitely worth it. 

Application...

As I have dry skin and I have a few very dry patches on my legs and arms I would definitely recommend using a gradual tan moisturiser before applying this oil. The one time I did not do this I did have a noticeable streak on my arm. Now, I know this is partly my fault but the tan doesn't have much colour to it when you apply it so it can be hard to see where you have rubbed it in. Using a gradual tan moisturiser helps to reduce streaks and for me, it helps the liquid gold oil not stick to any dry patches. 

Longevity...

I would definitely say that this is one of the most long lasting fake tans I have ever used! I moisturise every day and most days I use an exfoliator and both of these help the liquid gold to fade nicely without it being patchy. Obviously the more you have on the more you will notice it fade back to your natural colour like any other self tanning product but it gradually fades back and I haven't found it to build up in certain areas either.

Colour...

This is one of my favourite things about this product, it is such a natural colour. It is definitely more of an 'olive' shade and I haven't found it to be orange at all. Personally on my skin it is the same colour all over and I apply one more layer to my legs than arms because they have been out of the sun more. 

Smell...

Now unfortunately this is a negative point. Bondi Sands states this product has a "Coconut scent" but I really don't agree with this. Although it is great because you do not have to wash it off, you can apply it in the morning and let it develop throughout the day unless I am staying in the house I haven't done this simply because of the smell. I mean it's not unbearable, it just has that 'fake tan' smell so if you are used to that then this probably isn't a big deal for you. However, as I teach dance and work out a lot I don't want to be sweating with the aroma of biscuits or whatever you think that fake tan smell is!

Overall...

Like I said, this is definitely one of the best fake tans I have used and I will continue using it. Currently I am using the St Tropez gradual tan with it but I am hoping to buy the Bondi Sands lotion too which is only £11.99. I can definitely see what all of the hype is about so if you see it in your local drug store then pick up a bottle and let me know what you think!

Pros-
  • Great colour
  • Great longevity on the skin
  • The bottle also lasts for many applications
Cons-
  • Smells strongly of fake tan
  • Subtle colour so you can't always tell where you are applying it


Thanks for reading, I hope that this has given you a bit more information about this great tanning oil! Let me know what you think of it in the comments!
Much love as always, 
Jade x






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great, in depth review! I've heard of this product but haven't read or watched a review yet so this is really helpful. I'm always on the look out for a decent fake tan so I'll definitely have a try. I am just waiting for the day they invent scentless fake tan and every company abides by it! I found your blog through Coconut Lane and it's lovely! Great writing xxx

    Y x | www.thesweetsevenfive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for reading Yasmin, I'm glad that you find this post helpful! I know, I long for the day of scentless fake tan! X

      Delete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig