Monday, 30 May 2016

My May Favourites...


I've never actually done a monthly favourites post before but this month for some reason, so many products have stood out for me. This is a mix of beauty with a little bit of fashion and I hope that you enjoy reading!

Soap & Glory £9
I've had this lip gloss for a couple of months actually but these past few weeks I have been using it non-stop. I didn't buy it specifically because of the lip plumping aspect but that does come in handy! I actually bought it because it has the slightest nude tint to it, I didn't want a gloss that was completely transparent and this 'Bare Enough' shade is perfect. If I fancy being a bit more colourful I like to use a lip tint underneath and then adding this gloss on top.

ASOS £5

These neckerchiefs have been my favourite accessory this month. They are so versatile, you can wear them in your hair, around your neck, on your wrist. You can also wear them with the knot at the front or at the back. It can dress down quite a smart looking outfit as well as dressing up a simple outfit. At only £5 they are a such a great item to have in your wardrobe.

Bondi Sands £14.99
After watching Lydia Elise Millen's video on 'How to get the perfect and even fake tan' I immediately went to Boots the next day to buy this! I've used many self tanning products before all of which have been good but nothing has ever stood out. The last fake tan i'd actually bought was the Bondi Sands 'Self Tanning Foam', it left me a really nice colour but it also changed the colour of my bed sheets! This oil however develops throughout the day (or night) and you don't have to wash it off. It's not greasy as you'd expect an oil to be and it leaves you with such a gorgeous, natural colour. I always know if a fake tan is too 'orange' when it has developed on my legs. They are the palest part of my body and annoyingly show up and streaks and patches. This oil has left me with neither! Also, it hasn't attached itself to any of my scarring from eczema and dry skin. Win, win!
You can read my '10 Tips for self tanning' here...

Batiste £1.63 (RRP £3.29)

I'm not going to lie, I'm quite new to using dry shampoo! I am quite lucky, my hair doesn't get greasy very easily and it never has done. However, I have been using this to boost my hair and give it more volume. I only use a small amount and mainly focus it on the area at the front of my head. It smells so sweet & delicious!

Clinique £17

Now, I actually received this chubby stick in a goodie bag from the Clinique event I went to last month. This isn't meant to give you an opaque, full colour finish instead it creates this subtle hint of colour which day-to-day is what I am after. What I love is that not only is it very moisturising but you don't have to be very careful when applying it! Just run it across your lips and you're good to go. A great product for your handbag.

L'Oreal £9.99


I have seen this foundation everywhere! A few weeks ago I was in Boots and was after a dewy foundation. I was applying the testers on the back of my hand and I was actually the lightest shade 01 however, when I got home and applied it I knew it was wrong. Although it blended nicely, I knew once I had applied fake tan this would be too light. A week later I went back in and bought the next shade 03. This is a much better shade for me. It is quite watery and for me, it took a good few attempts to get used to it. I have used both a brush and make up sponge to apply this foundation and I would say the sponge was a lot better. It's not full coverage but it is great for those 'No make-up, make-up days'.

There we have it, my May favourites! I hope that you have enjoyed reading this post, let me know if you would like me to do it every month!

Much love as always, 

Jade x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ahh, so many dreamy favourites Jade! I absolutely love the stunning lipgloss on you and you're rocking the neckerchiefs so beautifully <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much for your comment Sophie! You're too kind : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank-you Tamara, that's so kind of you :) x

      Delete
  4. Fab favourites! I love those neckerchief scarves too - I have the red one from ASOS and just bought a similar one in black from Topshop today in fact!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, a black one would be perfect! I'm on the lookout for a white one too. Thank-you for reading :) X

      Delete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig