Sunday, 8 May 2016

Review 'Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara'...



I'm going to put it out there straight away that this isn't a "You need to go out immediately and buy this product' post. In fact it's the complete opposite. 
3 weeks ago I saw an advert pop up on TV for this new Rimmel mascara which gradually tints your lashes over 2 weeks. I go to the gym daily so in the past I have had my lashes tinted so that I don't have to wear mascara or much make up and thought that this would be like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Unfortunately not. Now it's not all bad and I will go into a bit more detail below so if you have seen this mascara advertised and were interested in seeing if it actually works then you can see before and after photos below...

The Good

Now, I will start with the good points. The brush is good, it's not too big and I found it easy to apply mascara to my top and bottom lashes. Also, the formula is quite dry which actually I prefer. I normally tend to 'air out' my new mascaras as I find them quite watery. 

The Bad

Before I move onto the 'Before and After' photos here comes the bad points. If I happened to accidentally get a little bit on my skin it was a nightmare to get off. Even after waiting for it to dry and using a cotton bud to remove it, it wasn't easy and it ended up taking off my eyeshadow too. Another bad point was that during the day when I happened to look in the mirror I noticed that it had really smudged under my eyes. It had flaked off and made me look like I had panda eyes! Whilst removing this mascara with micellar water I noticed it was even harder to remove than Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara! It wasn't that it necessarily stuck to my lashes, it was more my skin it clung to. I think this is because of the 'tinting' ingredients in it.

...and the ugly

*Can I have a drum roll please*

Before...




After...




I know right, no difference! Honestly, I can't even see the slightest of change. I wore this mascara every single day for the past 15 days and kept it on for as long as possible. Maybe it's just my eyelashes as the before and after photo on the Rimmel website looks a lot different to mine?

I really wanted to love this product. I am not saying that I will completely stop using this as like I said I liked the brush but I know that I will not be reaching for it regularly. 

Please let me know if you have used this mascara and if you did like it or like me, found that it didn't exactly do what it said on the tin!

Much love as always, 

Jade x 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This worked so well for me.. I actually loved this. And I never found mine flaked .. 🙃 Love your blog tho .. Check out my review of this

    www.routebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an interesting post, I've seen this advertised on TV. Maybe it would work on blonder eyelashes.

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent

    ReplyDelete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig